Saturday, February 27, 2010

Too Many Books!


Too Many Books!

Heaped in the corners, filling up chairs,
Stacked on the tables, falling down stairs,
Sagging on shelves, and waiting in nooks--
My house is filled to the roof with books.

Cataracts, waterfalls and geysers of pages,
Stories of magic and love through the ages,
Instructions for cooking and how to clean gook--
My house is filled to the roof with books.

Secrets, Crime dramas, and nightmares abound.
My current favorite can't even be found.
Poetry, riddles and first sentence hooks--
My house is filled to the roof with books.

I should sort the lot and begin to declutter,
But the mention of such causes bindings to shudder.
What's that? It's a sale. I must take a look.
My house is filled to the roof with books.

2 comments:

  1. I feel honored that someone would write a poem about my home. Very touching, indeed. Thank you.

    I need to send this link to a couple of friends. They will smile knowingly and click "Print" . . . aaaaah! (like I did)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I like this poem. In my garage there is a book case that leans with weight....having been moved to make room for a bed....Okie Dog

    ReplyDelete