Friday, March 19, 2010

I Pick Ticks

Now that we've started with limericks, it seems I can't stop. Making light of a bad situation, here is one for Lucy Locket. (In reality, our family is still praying for her healing.)

There's a bit of gossip quite juicy,
'Bout a woman from Texas named Lucy.
She got bit by a snake,
When a cache she did take;
And the boo-boo she got's quite a doozy.

I Pick Ticks

When taking a walk in the woods,
The dangers are soon quite apparent.
But Springtime is beckoning loud,
And stay home? Well, really, I daren’t.

From bears that would eat me for lunch,
To the snakes masquerading as sticks.
There’s poison that grows by the bunch,
And don’t forget the blood sucking ticks.

Followed by a scary stranger,
Or sinking in a sand trap that’s quick.
You can’t avoid all the dangers,
But, if I could do, I’d pick the ticks!