Friday, March 12, 2010

My Heart's Desire

Dear Father,

You have already answered many requests,
From the gigantic to the mundane.
Well, I've got another big favor to ask.
So, here I am praying, Lord...again.

There's a pile of laundry I don't want to fold,
Waiting for me on the couch downstairs.
Baskets of undershirts, pants and towels,
Bed sheets and crew socks--all needing their pairs.

If you could see fit to take us to Heaven-
The sooner, the better. We won't mind!
We would much rather be with You anyway,
And I could leave the laundry behind!


I suppose, this is sort of a cheat. I wrote this poem in 2006 and have previously posted it on Avoiding the Laundry. It still echoes my sentiments, though.

*starting today (if I did it right), a new comment widget will be implemented. It will allow everyone to respond, not only to the post, but also to each other in a thread format. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment